The Not-So-Fall feeling Farm Show

 It was not the typical 'cardigan, jeans and boots' or 'hot chicken corn soup sure sounds good' kind of Autumn day at the annual Farmer's Fair.

Instead it was 90 degrees, and to my untrained -albeit highly sensitive- body barometer, about 200% humidity. Even with the oppressive summer-like haze, we trudged on...and even though any outing with my children involves more work than what I used to consider the meaning of 'fun',
as I look back, I remain glad we went.

Our neighbors, who have become sweet friends to us, came along. Leah turned six years old today and we spent the day celebrating the sweet girl she is (to my children, she is right up there with Jesus, their big bro Rick and Chuck E. Cheese). Her little sister is my youngest daughter's age and I think they both felt like big stuff occasionally getting to walk alongside their big siblings instead of strapped in the stroller.

Here are a few pictures of our day {In case you just finished that great novel or already reread the Farmer's Almanac, desperate for even the most pithy bit of entertainment}:



As often happens at such a place (particularly if such an event is in the general vicinity of one's hometown), you run into friends or family. Today, I had the great gift of seeing my cousin, Jackie along with her daughter and NEWBORN son, mom and grandma. Four generations enjoying a little walk on the wild side! (Hey, when you've been couped up in the house with a newborn, even a local Farmer's Fair can seem wild and crazy!). I may be prejudice, but I think my cousin looks amazing. She just had a baby!!!


I just (finally) bought my daughter's new sneakers that actually fit them at Ross yesterday. Their purchase brought me one step closer to the elusive "Mother of the Year" award, as the sneakers light up when walked in. Here she is showing her 'younger' (by 2 mere months, but she pretends she's 10 years older) friend the trick to sneaker illumination.


 


I included this picture to show you remnants of our 'Full Moon' Thursday yesterday. See the teal magic marker on my daughter's scalp?
Yup.
It was that kind of day. From 5:45AM to 7:30PM. I'll spare you the details.
 You would read only to be polite, and I do not care to relive them.
  
Milking 'ol Bessie. I could feel her relief.



Dream BIG.
 
(and enjoy your weekend, my friend!).

Comments

Terri said…
I enjoyed the view of the fair with your family alot better than the one I got with my family this year....mine went something like, "mom, do you have money for a snack? Thanks...see ya." These years are sometimes stress-filled, but i promise, they are fleeting. Enjoy the family-fair-trips while you can...someday you might actually miss when them! maybe.
At least that in the humidity here too...I have never been so ready for cool weather...Loved your post
Amy said…
Hi Jeane
Wow, those photos of your kids are such a beautiful "time stood still" moment. I saw your friend's photography on facebook too. I remember that your grandma and mom would always tell me (5 years ago) that these baby days would fly by... and I kept wishing it would actually feel true. I can tell that you're better at seizing the day and seeing the beauty in this very non-stop hard-working time of life. That's so good. Thanks for sharing your coffee cottage. Hey, I just started drinking coffee one month ago. Random comment. But I have never desired coffee before at all... now I'm sort of an afternoon cupper.... when I get a chance. Ha!
Wanda said…
Beautiful Jeane! CONGRADS, Auntie! Your little niece is just so adorable! I love the bow in her hair, too! Her name is SO precious, too! Love you all!
Debbie said…
Love the photos! I remember taking our kids to a farm show similar to this when they were little:D
LOVE the header picture. My daughters are both photographers and I know it isn't easy getting them all in the picture at once. That is great!

Popular Posts