Coffee Host Chat

In another lifetime, I applied for a gig whose odds of me 'getting' were about 1 in a bazillion.
It seems ridiculous when I think about it, or especially when I type it out. Thankfully the application was recorded on a video cassette and I have no idea how to translate it to something that could be shared any other way, as I'm sure I could barely watch it without instinctively gagging.Yet truth be told, if I had the opportunity to do it again, I probably would.


It is remains my fantasy job.



Oh.
I didn't mention what it is yet?

Here it is...
To sit behind THIS desk:





Now during this particular taping I was privileged to attend, obviously Regis was not there (but I would 'settle' for Mark Consuelos if I had too. He's just not as hot as my husband, nor as gruff as Regis, but we all have our faults!).


When Kathy was set to leave "Regis and Kathy" years ago, they held auditions for 'ordinary women' to apply for her seat. I couldn't see what I had to loose, and thus one of my dearest, lifelong friends came as my 'camera woman' and filmed me interviewing the attendees of a local town's fair: "The Intercourse Farm Festival".


{Go ahead and snicker.}


Yes, there is a quaint little tourist trap/town in my neck of the woods with the lovely name of "Intercourse". I thought it--along with my big hair and campy charm--would most certainly catch the eye of the shows producers.


I'm still waiting for the call.


I'm venturing a guess that Kelly is working out well-enough, and that they've stopped second guessing their decision and have {only recently} shelved the video from Intercourse.


*****

ALL that being said, sometimes I want to type out the random thoughts and opinions that zip around my little head, just for fun..just like Regis and Kelly do during their opening "Host Chat". No other reason. {I'm fully aware that it might not be fun for you, but hey, I like my opinions, and I never got the real gig, so I'm all for it!!!}.



***Just a minute....gotta go get my coffee mug***



PARENTHOOD

This is my new ALL TIME favorite show. We hardly watch TV at all in the summer, and I always vow not to get addicted to too many shows in the fall, but gee whiz...this one is just too good to miss! Like many things out of the entertainment world, there are snippets here and there that could be cut out, but overall it is perfectly cast and well-written..allowing each viewer to relate to at least one character or the storyline or, at the very least, wish they were part of this imperfect family {that for all their imperfections, still have each other's backs}. I do not care for 'reality' TV, and I pine for the days of Mary Tyler Moore, I Love Lucy and Laverne & Shirley...but this is a smart, heart warming show that I look forward to.

Misplaced Mirror

It's almost a year since we moved into this glorious 'old' farmhouse type home, and I appreciate it more with every day. Truly I do. Tonight I noticed something a tad negative for the first time.

There is a mid-sized mirror directly across from our shower that was there when we moved in. Usually I am dashing in and out, when I come out, it's all steamed up and I just haven't really taken notice of it. Until tonight. (Yes, tonight. 8pm to be exact. It was the first opportunity of the day to take care of my hygienic needs) I caught a glimpse of myself BEFORE ducking in to the glorious warmth of the water, and I'll just say this:

In that moment, I realized that the middle aged tribal women found within the stiff pages of my grandparent's National Geographic Magazines, at whom my 12 year old self would curiously stare at in disbelief (dare I say 'repulsion'?) have become ones I can relate to in {two} obvious ways.

But I digress. Just two little things before I go off and enjoy a cup of decaf and a chocolate chip cookie with my husband...

Sunday Photo Shoot

We are having our family 'portrait' done here at our home on Sunday afternoon. I have the coordinating outfits, shoes and plethora of sugary bribes ready to roll. Gratefully, the woman who is lending her talent to us is a mother of many herself, thus she will remain unfazed by the potential lack of cooperation. Shar, thank you for being willing to come photograph us in our 'natural environment'....chickens, dog, 6 children and all!!!! (No worries, the hens promised to be dressed and ready by 3:30!).

Audience Giveaway!
I have a friend whom I've known for many years, but have come to actually KNOW better in the past year. Sally is a sparkling, effervescent and joyful woman. When you meet her, she makes you feel like you are the center of her universe. Her capacity for artistic creativity and musical/acting talent is massive, but she recently felt it was being untapped and thus decided to do something about it!
Take a quick visit to Sally Belle Designs....and leave a comment here by MONDAY to win one of her beautiful, charmingly wrapped gift card sets!
***

While there was nothing glamorous, funny or life changing to share tonight, i had fun just jotting down a few little random thoughts for my blogging friends, which you truly are to me! I want to get in the habit of replying to your comments, but I have to figure how to more easily do that...but you need to know how much I treasure each and every tidbit of 'conversation' I get from your side. Each and every one is treasured...like a handwritten card amongst bills and political pamphlets.
Thank you, my friend, for letting me aimlessly chat tonight!



Comments

Michelle said…
There's no way you can even mention a video and not show us ... ;) Love the chit-chat!
Terri said…
I can SO see you sitting in Kelly's chair. I agree with Michelle....you need to revive the old tapes and have them converted to something more modern and shareable {SOMEone must know how to actually do that} It would actually make for great blogging if you had that job and wrote about what it took to get you out the door at 4am with the little ones in tow!
I as your mother was there through it all...every single wild and crazy idea that your imaginative little heart came up with. I was there supporting, and cheering all the way. As for the National Geographic images you relayed on this post...it was the best laugh I had all day. You continue to bless me with laughter until it hurts. Thank you! I am going to visit Char's blog. Hope the photo shoot goes as well as you want it too.
Lydia said…
Seriously, talk of this video is currently the buzz of Lancaster county. If you post it, your audience is sure to expand!!!
Sylvia said…
{Go ahead and snicker.}

I did. Where is the footage? You have to post it.
Leanne O said…
Thanks! I laughed out loud with you on the National Geographic one... It's so familiar it's almost painful!!!!

Hope you have a fantastic Friday.
Leanne O said…
I have to stop forgetting to make time to come and read your blog. You make me smile, you make me nod you make me wish I could hop in my mini van/hot babe sports car :) and visit the night away with you.

I think it's gotten much easier at our house. The naughtiness is still there and my blood pressure still shoots for harmless things like emptied packages of wipes (they cost money - don't waste them!) But, really I find that now the twins are much more independant the time between the naughtiness is a bit easier.

And I'm with you on the play dates... why would I in a sane moment put myself in a housefull or back yard full of even MORE kids, more noise, more havok? Only to have my kids do their utmost to embarass me.

If I ever get a free ticket I may just fly over for supper and dessert. (And that's saying alot because that means I would have given up a vacation on some remote and sunny beach) In you I sense a kindred spirit!
You really need to post it....Great post
Sally Krueger said…
Miss Jeane!

Thank you so much for your sweet words. It has been such a blessing getting to know you, Curt & the kidlets better this year!! Thank you also for the kind mention of my cards. :) I hope your friends enjoy them as much as I enjoy making them.

By the way I'd take you over kathy lee or kelly any day of the week!

Love,
Sal
Sarah said…
I enjoyed the coffee chat:).
I think you'd make a GREAT talk show host.
And I just LOVE that you tried out to be one!
Shelly said…
I like your chit chat.:) And winning something sounds good too!
seriously, my sister has a "thing" that can transfer old videos to dvd's.....then easily downloaded onto your computer and uploaded to blogger!! OH THE LAUGHTER, RIOTOUS, PEEING LAUGHTER!!!!
betsyesbenshade said…
they will never know what they (Regis) missed out on! I like Kelly but she doesn't hold a candle to you. I am so surprised you did not get your interviewing bug worked out while at LCS. Keep on chatting, Jeane, I enjoy it!
Dale said…
Dear Jeane,
I'm sure we can find that old footage and transfer it to something quite digital....Kelly doesn't hold a candle to you...Keep the dream alive!!
Jen said…
Do you have THE tape? Do I? I can't even remember! It must be recovered and not fall in the wrong hands... Oh, I remember clearly that day at the fair; the confused faces of Intercourse locals being interviewed, filmed, and commented on while they were simply trying to enjoy their chicken corn soup & gospel quartet singing in the background. I still can't believe you didn't get a call - your hair was great that day! :-)Oh, the schemes and dreams we had!

Popular Posts