Favorite Things


Hello, there!

Wait. 
What's that you say?
Really?

You want to know about my $4 garage sale purchase I made today on my way to pick up milk?

How nice of you to care (less)!!
Well, since you asked, here she is:



In pristine condition, a beautiful porcelain "Chip-N-Dip (Lazy) Susan", complete with the original box and receipt (it cost $8.27 brand new) from a local, legendary and no-longer -with-us department store.

I was tickled turquoise. 

This plentiful platter will come in so handily for all the holiday parties I am (not) planning on hosting! My husband will not mind that I bought yet another piece of vintage kitchen fabulousness, as at the same sale, I picked up a vintage Coleman Stove for him. "A man can never have enough Coleman Stoves" is one of his favorite monikers (gotta love that word, and a chance to use it!). I remind him of that when I shop for shoes, which is never and if ever, at Goodwill.

***

While I am at it, I'm going to share just a few other great finds I've been enamored with recently, beginning with none other than a big vat of :


Who knew???

My three year old daughter has had Eczema for two years (she is three, so if I were to say "for most of her life", that would be accurate). I have tried EVERY thing, prescription and otherwise (although, no medications). I have ordered natural salves that nearly claim to make the lame walk again,but to no avail. It was getting so bad and I went to her three year old well check, ready to ask for a referral to a dermatologist. The particular doctor she saw that day did give her a stronger prescription-strength creme, but then said that she herself struggled with Eczema for years, and has come to find that slathering on Crisco at night, covering up whatever part is affected with a thick cotton covering as to not soil the sheets, is the key to keep it at bay. I was skeptical, as there has been so much I have tried...but the next morning when she woke up and I checked out her skin, i was ASTOUNDED. It was only one night with a slab from that vat of fat and what a difference shortening can make!


 I was given this as a hostess gift several weeks ago.
What  a lucky little hostess was I (THANK YOU, A.L.)!

If the words "Amazing Grace" had a scent, I do believe this would be what it would smell like. Therefore, I desire to layer myself in Grace, both inside (God help me!) and out (thank you Philosophy for making this...it is now on my Christmas list).



If Bare Escentuals was a Revolutionary war-era America, I would be the Benedict Arnold of it, and I feel so guilty. Yet I must be honest, and admit that I felt like my loyalty to Bare Escentuals foundation was wavering, as the coverage seemed to be lacking.My ever-so-subtly aging face demands were growing stronger. So I slipped over to the dark side one sunny Wednesday at CVS, aisle four.

When recently reading an article on best-drugstore buys, their pitch for CoverGirl's Simply Ageless foundation was convincing enough. I gave it a try and my skin has been thanking me ever since.



This concludes my very brief, unpaid endorsements for Crisco, Philosophy and CoverGirl.
No doubt your life has been changed.
Please feel free to leave a testimony in the comments section and you will be rewarded by the good feeling of making someone's day!

As always, thanks for dropping by!



Comments

Popular Posts