The Coffee Cottage has been dormat for a few days.
I have not.


In case you care, here is what is going on during this week in which my husband took off for 'vacation' (HaHa. HahaHa. Ha.):




A Yard Sale.
I set a date to motivate my good man to clean out our barn.
Instead, I cleaned out our attic. Closets. Playroom.
If we haven't touched in a year, it's going.
If it consistently hasn't kept the children's attention for more than five minutes, it's outta here.
Clean and clutter free we're gonna be!


See all this plastic?
It is going!!!
A bit premature, you say?
No way! They'll be playing with acorns come fall anyway.
I almost get a thrill down my back thinking about it being wheeled and walked away.

The picture below is my children's view of me.
(It apparently was taken by one of them).
They have heard the well-worn answer
"In five minutes..." even more than usual.
Their perception of time is quite skewd, for five minutes can some times drag out for a very, very long time.

The Painting of This Old House.
Yes, this is what my husband took off to do, and it is going to look stunning when he's done.
Whenever that is, hopefully by the time the twins graduate.
We have had extremely kind friends and family to help us.
Extremely kind.
He paints/caulks/etc. from sunrise until well after sunset.
I've seen my man less than when he's working.




The demands are amazing.
The help that has come to me has been a blessing beyond compare. My mom, my friend Lydia, my neice Rachel...all angels on Earth in my book.

Thank you, God, for getting me through. It is an extremely busy time, and I am always grateful for naptime, bedtime and all the reasons to be grateful in between!



Comments

Popular Posts