Summer Solstice Snapshots

Happy Summer Solstice, my friend!

The Summer Solstice is today (1:16 P.M. EDT). Enjoy more sunlight today than on any other day of the year (in the Northern Hemisphere).
-The Farmer's Almanac

This day already seems long (it is 9:30 EST as I type), but the sun will ensure that it actually is the longest day of the year! {I would insert here that my morning has already been, quite literally, full of 'crap'...not just on multiple heiney's, but also smeared all over playroom/living room carpets and an upholstered chair, but that would not be in keeping with my light and cheery summer post.}


In the spirit of summer's solsitice, I am sharing a few snapshots of favorite early-summer memories. There has been joy to be found in frolicking with friends, homemade play and the many unique ways we find to amuse ourselves under the sun.
I would LOVE to see a snapshot of YOUR "early summer". Email me  (jnicolemiller@hotmail.com) your favorite photo with a brief description, and I will display it in my next post.

***

Two Cool Guys and One Hot Chick (holding on for dear life).

Best Buds.


A rare (VERY rare) treat: Poolside with a few beautiful cousins, with a Pina Colada in hand!


True Grit. These manly men have it.

Sweet Freedom.



Serenity.


The celebration of a good catch.


"Crate" Fashion Sense.


How To Make Your Very Own Trash Truck
(we have a real appreciation Sanitation Engineers around here!)


How would you like your coffee creamer?
(I'd prefer it not all over the counter, cupboards and floors, thank you!)


Ice Scream, You Scream, We all scream for Ice Cream!
(Except the cutie in the middle. He prefers chips. Me too).



Neighborhood Reading Hour (in under three minutes)


The Mother's Day gift I bought myself 
(or that is how I justified this beautiful Costco purchase).


However you find joy in the warmth of this season, I trust you are able to choose to find it even in the smallest of ways! I can't wait to see  YOUR pictures!







Comments

Popular Posts