Dear Diary....

*Dear Diary,

It is a beautiful morning, sparkling clean after a night's worth of water from Heaven. The water has left large puddles and mud pools all over our backyard. I sent the children out to gather wildflowers for the kitchen table and blackberries for breakfast, and they came back untouched by both the puddles and pools (yet full cheerful enthusiasm for the day ahead). I am enjoying my second cup of hot coffee along with the organic, mouthwatering cheese danish I whipped up before laying my head on my lavender-scented pillow last night. Mmmm, Mmmm good! 

The children's Latin lessons went smoothly and were followed by that charming "Manners for Mild Mannered Children" course I  had the good fortune to stumble across online...oh what mirth and merriment was derived from it! Of course, some might say that both courses could not be accomplished within an hour's time (7am-8am), but given properly trained and attentive children such as I have, it is entirely possible.
 
Last evening, the children were mesmerized by watching their father replace the TV with a large gilded frame in which to display a new piece of classical artwork each week by "the greats" (Monet, DaVinci, etc) for observation to be marked in their new "Life is Beautiful" journals. At first, I was a bit skeptical, wondering how attentive they might be to the studying of such masterpieces, but I realized this morning that I had nothing to worry about. They were utterly mesmerized, some evening standing stock still for moments at a time.

Well, I should go. Craft hour is up next, followed by "Dinner Prep:101" at 10am.
Thankfully, they are all dressed as they are every morning upon stepping out of bed and we won't need to worry about picking up after ourselves since there has been no time to make a mess. It's only 9am, but it feels like we've already had a day full of time to learn, explore and create! Oh. There's the doorbell. I almost forgot! Crouse, our cleaning lady/masseuse is here for the day. God bless her....she skipped her family vacation to make sure we were covered.

Until another day,
Jeane`



* Authors Note: This is a fictional piece of work I  wrote during my visit to DreamLand last night.



Comments

Popular Posts