Bright Red Hope

In the months following our eldest daughter, Hope's, arrival in Heaven (straight from my womb), the Cardinal became symbolic of her, and the hope of and longing for Heaven she had given Curt and I in all of the pain. I cannot quite remember exactly the moment it happened, but I recall being wishful for a tangible expression of God's awareness of my pain, and our little Hope...and a cardinal flew out of the clear blue sky (quite literally!) and stuck around our front porch for months. I had never seen cardinals flying around our street before that...and you know what? I have no doubt that bird was sent on a mission by his creator and he did a marvelous job! (I say "his" as the male cardinals are always the most brilliant shades of red).
Skip a few years ahead, and as I look out at the winter wonderland accumulating outside my kitchen window, there he sits....and there I ran for my camera, excited by his beauty-and for me personally, his meaning.

I'd like to say that the children were bundled up and given opportunity to frolic in the snow, but that was simply not the case. But we have plentiful windows, perfect for viewing from within! (Perhaps tomorrow will hold that for them)
I added a few extra pictures of our 'snow day' just for fun.
Where ever you are, I hope you are enjoying a contented day.



Watching 'mawmaw' and 'pawpaw' back out of our driveway after a fun Saturday morning visit.

Play Dough and Dora, to pass time (and minimize fighting).


I captured the occassional affection these two bestow upon each other. In the blink of an eye, this could become a strangle hold, but I HIGHLY praise such tender loving care.

So long for now....



Comments

What a great story involving your grandma's favorite bird. How special you saw one of these beautiful birds today. Loved all the pictures, and we loved our visit today. We had to smile at the last picture and accompanying comment.
ajwatson722 said…
What a special picture/reminder of the cardinal. How special. It's so amazing how God reminds us of His specific love and care for each of us...and how He shows us in the little things...thanks for reminding me to slow down and look for those things! Loved the pics of the kids. I wish I was there on this snow day (I'm sure you are wishing that just as much as I am...haha)
Anonymous said…
Merry Christmas Jeane!
I praise God along with you that this year to come will be your very best!
Always,
Christina
Anonymous said…
Merry Christmas from The Nofsingers...wishing your family a day full of blessings!

Joyce Marie
Jen said…
I love this post. Your photography so beautiful captured God's blessings to us through nature...and little children. Looking forward to seeing you in the New Year. Have a Merry little Christmas. Love you dear!!
Missy said…
wow isn't God good with how he surprised you with the gift of that cardinal! That is beautiful!
Eric's cousin recently lost their 7 year old son in a sudden accident and they have a similar story only with monarch butterflies. I always think of them now every time I see a butterfly.
blessings to you and your family!
Shawna said…
I share your love for cardinals. We have about 5 cardinal couples who spend their mornings at our bird feeder. It is one of my absolute favorite things about our cold, snowy Pittsburgh winters…the brilliant cardinals against the winter trees and snow. Thanks for sharing about the little things the Lord does to show is presence and tenderness for us!

Popular Posts