Our Thanksgiving Day...

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

This day of Gratitude is almost over, but a new one dawns in just a few hours! I certainly do not always do this, but my husband and I really do strive to live in gratitude always...not taking for granted the gifts seen and unseen given generously to us by the hand of our Father. He has proven Himself as a capable, loving, compassionate Provider amidst the good and not so great moments. That alone is reason enough to be as grateful as one could be.

But, in the spirit of this special day, I'll share a few more reasons (with snapshots captured from today's warm & cozy dinner at my brother and sister in law's home, as we enjoy year after year!)...

Us.
Two little letters that mean more than words can say. To find a man-a good and kindhearted man-with whom to share life with is just about the sweetest gift this side of Heaven. I do not take him-or us- for granted. Each day we have with each other is a gift. (and yes, I'm thankful for that little gal, and even for the "Big" Bird she is carrying. The creatures on Sesame Street have made my life a little easier! )
Our kind and welcoming host & hostess, otherwise known as Keith & Shari. Keith is Curt's eldest brother (he raised the rest of the 6 boys!). I always look forward with great anticipation to the delish dinner at their comfy, cozy home.
My favorite little guy...and his sense of humor, his perceptiveness and the laughter he brings into our home. Oh how I love him!!!Mitch (another of Curt's brothers) and Gail, loving on sweet little Mackenzie. I love family dinners where the children are passed around, played with and just generally loved on! (and I get little breaks-now that's something to be thankful for).

Comfort & Joy...around the dinner table. Annie wasn't really all that hungry at 2pm. And so she decided she would rather hold Grandmom's hand and look cute, so that maybe she could get down from her seat earlier than intended.

Robin and Gail divvying out leftovers...yay! This means one less meal I have to put together!

Traditions. I'm grateful for traditions...even the "Cold Duck" wine that is included in the Miller memory repertoire. It certainly hasn't won awards for taste, but it means something (although I'm not entirely clear on what that is).


Double the delight! What a treat to tuck in a visit to my dear cousin Lindsay and her husband Chad, down to the hospital (which is literally 3 minutes from my brother in laws!). There I was able to hold and ooh and ahhh over little Sophia Grace and Riley Rose. Wow. Even though it was not that long that I was in a room just like hers, I still got choked up seeing these TWO new little lives. Wow. (did i just say that?)


The past two weeks I have also been grateful to spend time with several of my dear friends, who were so kind to come to me! Another reason to be grateful....

I hope you have been able to locate a few reasons of your own today, and that God's type of love, which is far deeper and wider than our own, is somehow touching your heart, no matter the circumstances you find yourself in on this day.

Much love...
Jeane`

Comments

Popular Posts