Jumpin' Juniper!

As of last night, our two front rooms are completely devoid of furniture. We were going to try to revitalize our tired, stained carpets with professional cleaning, but decided at the last minute to instead remove the carpets entirely and expose the beautiful, dark hardwood that lies beneath.


In any case, those two room are ones in which we live quite frequently, and so we had to think up something fun and out of the house to do today. The Jump Factory (http://www.thejumpfactory.com/) was the place we decided to check out for the morning. To greatly add to the fun, "Mawma" and Aunt Kimmie drove up and joined us in our adventures.


It turned out that this 'factory' was just as much for the older 'children' (found within the disguises of adult bodies) as it was the little ones. This incredibly fun place was chock full of HUGE inflatables that were just a thrill for all of us...even I, your with-child author of this blog. My mother won "Cool Grandma of the Year Award", according to my almost-14 year old step-son who challenged her to the large (and strenuous) inflatable obstacle course (that included a climbing wall!)...and she took him up on it!!! To those of you who know my mother, it was a sight to behold! Oh, the many facets of Judy!
See those pair of little white-clad feet at the top of this slide? Believe it or not, those are the delicate feet of Judy E. Martin, about to descend the "GREAT YELLOW SLIDE", ending her obstacle course challenge and thus officially making her the "Coolest Grandma in the World".
Christopher must surely think he took an out-of-body experience to what he imagines Heaven would be.
Annie was quite pleased with herself. Thankfully, they had a little gym for her!
Playing hoops with two cool cats-'brabra' (translation: Brother) and Aunt "Im" (translation: Kim)
I had a few moments to enjoying playing a FAVORITE arcade game of mine with Rick...one in which I played against his father on our very first date (and won, if my memory serves me correctly, which I am sure it does!).


I ventured to put the video Rick took of Kimberly and I on the big slide. I titled the video "Large Pregnant Woman descending inflatable slide"... watch and be amused. (and hear my mother laughing at us in the background).

Lunchtime at Uno's Pizzaria!! Yea!!! What an extra-special, out-of-the-ordinary Wednesday.

Thank you, God, for the gift of fun!

Comments

Popular Posts