A Sunny Day in Strasburg

What an absolute STUNNER of a day!

And what a perfect day for a drive to Strasburg, where a few pretty darn fun people we know
live, love and laugh!

It was a timely visit, as the children and I were still feeling a bit of 'cabin fever' from the winter and the home into which we went could not be more inviting (for all of us!) if it could try! Janelle Stoltzfus and her 2 handsome boys made our morning sweeter and funner (I know-it is not a word, but I use it just the same). Leaving her home always makes me want to make mine more full of beauty-not in an envious way, but in an inspired one. I'll include a few pictures below, and you will see why. (It is not every morning at 10:30 that I am able to sit down to such a simply elegant and pretty table. I'm sure it doesn't happen for her every morning either, but it sure was a special treat!).


After brunch, we packed up the tribe (which is no small task. Diaper's do-able? check. Sunsceen? check. Sippy cup full? check. The list goes on...) and we took a leisurely stroll through Strasburg to one of our favorite boutiques, Lulu and Tutz (http://luluandtutz.blogspot.com/) and then came back to a shady spot in the yard for a little R & R before we split for Shillington.

(no, it's not daycare. It's just our combined tribe (so far!)


Thank you, Janelle, Tyler and Luke for making our day!

As for when I got home, both babies were sleeping in there car seats, and as hypnotic as the sound of the engine seems to be, the moment I turn it off seems to turn them off-to sleep-also. So they're awake, but there not--a 'lovely' (ahem) state of being, if any of you who have ones of you own or been around half alert children.

I always pray they'll return to blissful slumber as I'm carrying them up the stairs, but my prayers are often answered by an hour (ok, maybe not that long) or half hour of wimpering up in their cribs, begging to be rescued but not really being ready to be so.


It occured to me the other day that I have been answering the question "How old are your children" inaccurately for the past several months!!! I am so embarrassed! It goes to show how bad I am at math and what little regard I hold for 'details'. Some of you perfectionists reading this will cringe. But for the last two months I've been telling anyone who asks (church, grocery store, neighbors), that Christopher is 18 months old and Annie is 9 months! Now the Annie part is true, that I am sure of as she had her 9 month check up just last week. But Christopher, well, in the back of my mind I felt that I was probably off by now, but never took the time to count! Is that not the dumbest thing???? In talking to my intelligent sister, Ashley, she pointed out that indeed he is actually 22 months old and not only that, but people probably thought I concieved Annie the day I came home from the hospital with Christopher. Now I really understand those raised eyebrows I received in response!!! Hopefully I will get this 'age' thing down by the time he's 16, so we can throw him a proper birthday party. (I can hear it now, "Oh...no, really? You're 16? I'm so sorry, honey, I've been telling people you are 6 for the last 10 years! Where does time go???)


Thus is the life of a woman, a mother with a Sanguine personality. By the way, in the next week or two, I'm going to create 4 different postings on the 4 different types of personalities, as I'll be speaking again on the topic in May. If you care to read and reflect (and maybe even chuckle in recognition of your own or someone else's), drop on by!
Gotta run...life is calling!

Comments

oh, i was just taking a stroll down memory lane....this was a fun day. seems like ages ago doesn't it??? i miss our visits. it's been too long with no one at fault....i love and value you although our times together have been few and far between.
good night friend!!
J.

Popular Posts