Piercing the Fog



As the dense fog of Babyandtoddlerdom slowly but surely lifts, 
and I see more clearly, more often what I have before me...




 ...I am completely honored
and utterly floored that I have been entrusted with these 
little pint-sized people.




There is not a dull one among them,
each one of them possessing a unique smattering of qualities that 
leave us breathless with exhaustion...and laughter.




 There are no guarantees how long I will have any of them or they me, on this side of Heaven...and it's almost impossible to take a day for granted. It also causes me to consider the importance of giving them the time and space learn of life through playing, and fighting and foraging. 
 
We mama's all have our own 'niches', and one of mine is story telling. 
I have always loved creating tales to any audience who would listen. When I was younger, it was my little cousins who were held captive as I was usually the "babysitter" at family dinners. Now, I have my own children who beg for bedtime stories. It has occurred to me that here is my chance to weave in truths about this life being part of a BIGGER, and FOREVER life that has each of us playing out a uniquely important "mission".

Thus, the story of The Castle in the Woods with 3 Princes and 2 Princesses and plenty of dragons and secret passageways has commenced nearly every night as tired heads rest on soft pillows. It makes me happy to tell stories and leaves me satisfied having an opportunity to weave Truths they will need for the rest of their lives in and throughout the "chapters".

\


 In the tending to a dense population of little lives, the fog can be so thick that one can hardly see the gift through the grimy hands, dirty bottoms and constant needs.It's just how it is. When light starts to pierce through, it is cause for taking pause and considering just how magnificent the gift is. These children are my gift from God, just like the gift of an artistic eye or an abundantly compassionate heart might be His gift to a woman with no children...and what we do with our gifts is no small opportunity.

Here's to seeing the opportunity and enveloping it with all. your. might!




 

Comments

Popular Posts