Snapshot

Every moment we are given life and breath is a snapshot.

You are living one right now, and so am I.

Since you're kind enough to stop by the Coffee Cottage, I'll give you a glimps into mine at this moment.

I'm sitting on a chair, trying to eat scraps of toast and egg that I made for myself (the cook is always last to eat, right?). Annie keeps coming up and asking for 'ausage' (a microwaved sausage) in such a polite, coy way, I cannot refuse. I didn't really want it anyway.

In between her sausage coupe, she and her older brother are throwing throws over their heads and pretending to be monsters, which lends itself to fun and foolishness, as they completely run into walls and corners. Unless they are profusely bleeding or showing signs of a concussion, I ignore it.

My little Hurricane (or, if you are familiar with PA Dutch in any capacity, I call her my little 'nix nux') is trying to get her little chubby feet into my slippers, usurp a blanket from her sister, screeching, running, filling her third dirty within an hour, climbing every ledge and porous place that she can dig even a toenail into--all pretty much simultaneously. SHE. DOES. NOT.STOP.

EVER.

Curt just called to say I love you. It is things like this that remind me how fortunate I am. (just caught the floor lamp with my left hand.). It also makes me jealous he is in a quiet car on some highway or byway, listening to silence. He's probably still whiplashed from the sheet slapping he got early this morning when little Ray got me out of bed for the 8 zillionth time and in my utter frustration, I did the classic wife move of removing the sheets (which never had time to get warm) off my body in what one might call and 'abrupt and forceful' manner...causing high winds to potentially wake the dead-or at least leave an imprint on the other's form.

One child just bit the other...reinforcing my decision to answer our phone from now on with the cheery greeting "Miller Zoo! How can I help you?" (and get to the point. fast). They were quickly discipline and forced to hug and say sorry. Stupid tactic, I know. :)

The twins are tucked safely behind a gate, into a 5-point harnass strap seat placed squarely in the center of our kitchen table. They are plumb tuckered out after a night of losing their nuks and being wide eyed and bushy tailed. They must have had a disco ball in the womb that turned on around 11pm. It is imperative that I teach them that this is not normal (and call the hospital and see if that mirrored party thing came out with the placenta).

Oh, and did I mention our living area looks like a series of small tornados went through it? Yes, well, I'm ok with it because we are still alive.

This snapshot has been typed out in about 5 minutes. No thinking things through, just a random wind of inspiration to update you and it has to be done quickly and with a LOT of tolerance for distraction.

It's real life and it's my life, and I am confident that God is going to give this very impatient, noise intolerant and very human woman what she needs to do get 'er done. Thankfully, He has a sense of humor and His total view of me is filtered by pure love...no expecations or dissappointment when He sees that on October 27th I stayed sleeping during my one hour of sleep instead of waking to read His inspired book. He knows why I talk to Him during the day in one sentence, many times one word ("HELP!!!!!") quips...and He smiles during it all. I know it, He's not a stiff, impersonal God. He made me, He allowed the circumstances that surround me, and He's flexible and equipping. And that's about as deep as I can go right now.

Love to you all! (I'll doing birthing story stuff in a post in about 20 years. Stay tuned.)



Comments

You...are one gifted writer! Whether you have five minutes to post, or 30 minutes(did that ever happen to you?), you have a way, like you always did, of creating the best, funniest, and most down to earth stories ever!!! You made my day,and you gave me even more specific things to pray about(mainly that you keep your sanity)during the next few years. Big prayer request on my part.
thank you for this "glimpse" into your world....i think of you so often during my day and night. i want to see you and your lovely children sometime soon. i will bring food and i will clean for you, (not that i think that's the only way i'll be allowed in the door)!! :-) Tell Curt that one or both of us will do our best to be at the new house this weekend....
WE LOVE YOU GUYS.....
STRENGTH.
FOR.
TODAY.

OR.
MAYBE.
JUST.
THIS.
MINUTE.....
Terri said…
I know you didn't post this so that others would have a laugh at your expense...but...i did have a good chuckle on your behalf! Blessings on this day...one second at a time, and then the next. Savor the chaos of having your children nearby...all too soon they'll be headed in another direction. For today, just breathe....
Linda said…
Dearest Jeane, How special you are as well as all of your darling "tornadoes". Thanks for letting me into your world. You are on my mind and in my prayers.
Wanda said…
Jerad will be "pleased" to know that he's not the only husband who suffers from the whipping cold of the sheets thing...I do that all the time. You'd think I'd learn by now! I'm thinking he should have adjusted by now!

Thanks for your post! I'm impressed that after ONE week with twins you were able to find the laptop! Again, you amaze me!

How's the packing going? When's moving day? Are you moving closer to my neck of the vuds? (that's woods in PA Dutch!)
Becky Schick said…
Hi again. :o) Thanks for always brightening my day when you post! Seems no matter what you say, the way you say it brings smiles along. I pictured you as Elasti-Girl from the Incredibles as you caught the floor lamp while typing your post. LOL. You know the dinner table scene in the movie? Just call if you need to talk to another crazie. :o) Love ya.
Jen said…
This post had me rolling with laughter...and then quickly saying a prayer for you afterwards!! :-) You are amazing me by writing not only coherent sentences, but witty, hilarious, and thoughtful musings about your current season in life. What a sweet sweet Miller zoo life you have...
Love you!
Thank you for a glimpse into your life, dear friend. Wishing I lived next door and could pop over to lend you a hand and render you a much needed nap.

I love you dearly. Pray for you continually and am proud beyond words for your life and for your true to life relationship with God.
Missy said…
THanks so much for the reminder of what a blessing children are. You should write a book you know... Thanks for encouraging me to hang in there! I'll be checking back again soon.
missy
Amy Beachy said…
I am so blessed to have read your blog tonight! You are such a sweetheart and such an amazing person! I got your note you left for me on my blog and was so blessed to read it!!! I loved reading all your posts about your life as a mother and a wife! You are an amazing writer!! I would love to meet you sometime and your beautiful family!
Love and Blessings!
Amy

Popular Posts