Look who's at the door!

...This morning when I came down to sit out on the porch with my husband, it was if I caught a whiff of an old friend who hasn't been around in several seasons...and sure enough, Autumn is in the air!!
I so greatly anticipate the season I love most of all, which is summer (or perhaps it was a favorite season 5+ years ago when my body was slim and did not add 500 extra degrees to whatever the thermometer reads!) but every year by this time, I longly pine for the feel of crisp air, the warm smell of apples and cinnamon, snuggly sweaters and decorating the house with garlands of berries and burgundy leaves....

This morning my heart is encouraged, as it is soon at our doorstep!
The children were up early and playing 'pretend'. Their father found them, as usual, quite humorous in their 'get up' and snapped a few shots. I am sure, should the future occassion arise, he will not hesitate to use them against them (particularly Christopher). In these pictures you will notice the results of my potty training week. One child is wearing undies. The other is not. So. There you go. That's how it went. :)
Happy Sunday! I'm off to put some simmering "Autumn Harvest" potpourri my kind sister bought me from a store I wish we had around here ("Hobby Lobby"), but know it's a good thing we do not! ("Sorry children,...no dinner tonight...but doesn't the garland and ribbon on the staircase look lovely?!?")

Comments

My early Monday morning has begun with a huge smile, as I stared at the sights before me. I asked myself as I stared...who do these precious children take after??? Of course, it does not matter...just an interesting question on my mind.
Wanda said…
Love the underware! Isn't that the best - when they can go potty all by themselves?!!?

Popular Posts