A Swinging' Time on the 4th of July!

Who cares that it is a rainy, stay-inside type of day today?




Certainly no one in our family!!


...for today we added another reason why there is no place else on earth we'd rather be than HOME SWEET HOME.




Actually, this new 'reason' was courtesy of two kind and generous people known as "Mawmaw" and "Pawpaw" here in our neck of the woods. Because of their extreme thoughtfulness, in two short hours, our yard became a zillion times more 'funner' than any of us could have hoped for!

For today, Amos and Ted from good old Intercourse, PA delievered a brand spankin' new PLAYSET to our home!


Even Annie, who has in the past shown great paranoia of being placed in anything that puts in her motion, found GREAT amusement and joy in her new red and roomy swing.


The wonderful father of my children spent the entire time the 'crew' was here, helping to assemble this newest feature of our favorite place under the sun.

Thank you, Mom and Dad, so very, very much for making available to us a structure that will make so many marvelous memories for our children and the children in our neighborhood! (Even if it produces a broken bone, or bumpy bruise!

On another, much more shallow-er note, allow me to publically say that two weeks ago, I realized after viewing recent pictures of myself that indeed, I had turned into one of those women that people look at and say "Wow, 1992 must have been a good year for her...according to her hairstyle, she's never left."

On whim (ok, with maybe a little research, all of which clearly placed my hairstyle of 16 years firmly in the "do not do this" catagory for my long face shape), I called a local gal I heard of who works right down the street and I came home a new woman. Hopefully, I can style it like she did.


HAPPY 4th of July. What a privalege it is to live in FREEDOM. More on that later.

Dinner is calling...

Comments

Luzie said…
ok.....i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your hair!! Congrats on taking the BIGGG step to change! You look smashing! Have fun working with it and I can't wait to see it in person!!

Love you,
Aunt Lou
Anonymous said…
Cool!! I'm sure Annie and Chris are having a great time...but I couldn't help but notice the big white "J" on your tree! I can't imagine who would have done such a thing, but I'm sure you must want to strangle him every time you look at it!
Barb
Anonymous said…
By the way...you're hair DOES look great.
Barb
I treasure my memories of July 4th. My favorite photo is the one of Christopher standing on the steps watching the swing set arrive, and the one of Annie on the swing. What joy that brought to us! Mom
Anonymous said…
Oh my gracious, I just love your hair!!!!!! It looks so shiney and sheek and the style makes you look younger. I just love it!!! The style is cut so you can still do that little puff thing with the bangs that we all like from that by gone era.
Diona said…
Thank God for these simple little pleasures. The kids look so excited and happy. Big deal right in your very our back yard. Who needs community day rides!

Enjoyed viewing the great photos.

Love your new do too!!!!!!

Popular Posts