Daily-ness




One of my favorite quotes reads like this:

"Be kind, for everyone you know is facing a great battle" -Philo of Alexandria

We all have our battles we are facing and fighting (in the Strength of the Lord, hopefully), some fiercer than others at times...and yet, as we are engaged in our struggles, life goes on. There is joy to be found in the "daily-ness" of things. Here are a few little snapshots into our dailyness.


Learning the Art of Chore-dom:
In this house, these kiddos are expect to chip in! We are FAMILY (my brothers and my sisters and me. Sorry...just couldn't stop the song!!!) and the sooner they learn that I am not their personal maid, the better!

At this young age, they are LOVING laundry and dish duty (only given ever so ocassionally and lightly! No child labor laws violated!).

Learing the Art of Staying in Your Jammies 'Til Noon:
This doesn't take a lot of study. Some days are just jammies til noon days. (like Saturday!)

Learning the Art of Motherhood:
This is not taught. Simply displayed.

Learning the Art of Charming Your Mother:
He picked up my magazine one night and was staring at it intently. Rick asked him 'What are you doing with mommy's magazine? That's for girls (spoken with distaste)."

Christopher flips the cover over to him, points to the lady (Kate Walsh) on the cover and says "Mama!".
He was subsequently given whatever bedtime snack his little heart desired.
:)



And here's another little something I scanned from a Susan Branch book. She took the thought (that I've had for years and years) right out of my head.


Thanks for stopping by!

Warmly,
J.
PS. Life has been full, thus the VERY infrequent postings. We're are not so much busy OUT of the house as we are IN it!!...just three babies and a teenager and a dog....who, by the way, is turning out to be a GREAT addition to our family.

Not pulling my hair out.Yet.

Stay tuned!

Comments

Wanda said…
I was wondering if the new dog had you so overwhelmed with pooper scooper duties that you couldn't make your way to the laptop to update us all on your blog! I'm so glad to see you were able to brush off the dog hair from your pants, step over the doggie puddles and refresh us with your latest post! You're wonderful and SO fun! Love you and I enjoy reading what's going on in Miller land!
Comment shared from one of your #1 fans...from the sidelines, watching it all happen to you...taking your turn at mothering. You do it so matter of factly, and so beautifully. Love the part about swimming suits from Susan Branch. I have thought that for many years. Love when you post! Love stepping into your world for a brief time. Love you, Mom
it was sooooo delicious to be with you yesterday, although as i remembered our time together i am quite certain we didn't finish ONE conversation....i have so many loose ends to tie up with you, but that will have to wait for the continuation of our tea. THANK YOU for making the journey to me....to us. THANK YOU for bringing lunch, (which by the way was our dinner). THANK YOU for that heavenly chocolate cake, which was heated, garnished with fresh strawberries and tall glass of cold milk while the boys took naps! my day was great because you were a part of it....AND because i found a RED ROTARY PHONE THAT WORKS at goodwill last night! the sound of the ringer, the way it clicks when you dial...i LOVE it, it takes me back to my childhood days! i love you so much and anticipate our next time together.

Popular Posts