Why I LOVE Lucy

Lucy: I've got an idea!


Ethel: How can you stand there in the middle of this mess and utter those four horrible words: "I've got an idea?"




"Rainy days and Mondays always get me down". At least, they got Karen Carpenter down. For me, rainy days are cozy and even comforting, somehow. This morning I'm feeling a bit melancholy and looking forward to my 2 o'clock visit with Lucy. It is the only show I watch during the day when I'm at home (which is most days). I, like millions of others throughout generations, truly love Lucy.



Maybe it's because I relate so well with her personality. Perhaps I love her for the genuine laughs she pulls out of me, even though I've seen her muddle through her Vitameatavegamin promotion a hundred times. The fact that she so deeply desires the spotlight (mainly in Ricky's shows) draws me to her in commonality. Above all, in a world of constant change and turbulence, she is a sunny persona that never changes. And I suppose that is why she still draws millions of viewers long after her show stopped creating new episodes.



(By the way, who do you relate with? Are you a "Lucy" or an "Ethel"? I love Ethel too. Lucy's need Ethels to keep them alive & thriving). Ah, the beauty of variety!




(My son just came up to me with a crumpled up bag from the box of Honey Grahams I had thrown out. Which means he was digging in the trash. Which means I need to get off the computer. He had found one little half of a graham cracker at the bottom and being the resourceful little fella he is, didn't want to let it go to waste. That's my boy! Never let good food pass you by!)



The coffee pot is now drained of coffee here at the "Coffee Cottage"...but I think I'll go put another cup's worth (or two!)in it & enjoy this rainy Friday morning. I wish I could share it with you, but in small way, I have. I hope you have a contented day, even if circumstances (like rainy days) could have you down.



Comments

i love that song, "rainy days and mondays always get me dooooown." when I start singing it, i can't seem to get it out of my mind, not the most encouraging of songs to say the least! i never got into Lucy too much, but i can see that she would be delightful to know. if i remember correctly i met "her" at universal studios in CA. she looked EXACTLY like her. red lipstick and all!!

Popular Posts