Pre-Breakfast

Good Morning.
Good Afternoon.
Good Evening.
Good Whatever-Is-Appropriate-When-You-Read-This.

The first sip.
Coffee is not merely a beverage. 
It is an experience. 
A liquid escape. 
A mugful of comfort. 
A mental pick-me-up. 
My legal "drug" of choice.
God's gift to mornings.




At approximately six o'clock this morning, this was our little tribe (plus one snuggled in the chair behind me), eating their 'pre-breakfast' to the soft background "music" of Elmo and his world.




"Pre-Breakfast" usually consists of a cup of yogurt (with a dash of seasonal Sprinkles, for good health & pretty presentation), banana's or muffins  (if the kitchen help had found time to make them the day before). I share this just in case you ever find yourself with any of my children overnight at your place and you're waken out of your deep slumber before the sun comes up with a request for some "pre-breakfast". Now you know.



I love me a little homemade bread, toasted with jelly and washed down with a swig of lukewarm coffee (who are we kidding? Hot coffee? With children? The hope of that is what fueled the invention of the vacation).



This, by the way, is my new favorite coffee creamer. 
Four simple ingredients: Milk & Cream, Sugar, Natural Vanilla Flavor.
Unlike other "natural" creamers, this one actually taste rich and creamy!

The relative calm of "pre-breakfast" lasts for a maximum of 15 minutes. 
And then the jaw-clenching moments begin, but not before my personal assistant 
gets me looking presentable for a day full of at-home challenges and cherished moments.


Speaking of breakfast, if you are ever in need of a GREAT tasting breakfast casserole, 
click HERE for one of my favorites!


Comments

Popular Posts