Little Moments with My Hurricane

I have mentioned my darling, exasperating little spitfire of a daughter on here before.
She is the child that can equally leave my heart feeling as though it's been taken hostage by anger one minute and drowning with love the next. 
Truly, caring for her alone would be a daunting task, leaving me simply praying
that I will do something right when it come to channeling this 'spirit' amongst
the other little ones competing for my attention.

This morning has been longer than a drive through the Sahara. I still am not convinced the clocks are not conspiring against me, and it's actually noon instead of the measly 9:30 they all read. It is hot. hot. hot. outside. Going out in the heat would only tip the fragile balance of the pitiful amount of patience I possess. Thus, we survive inside...and in the midst of surviving, I had to remove my little 'hurricane' from the others in order to restore some sort of balance. In doing so, with a huff and a puff on my part, I was treated to (for a few moments) the joy that this child is so capable of giving (when she wants to).

{This post was assembled in 2.5 minutes due to all of the children acting like primatives, just in case you were wondering. I'm fighting the urge to join them}.





For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.         ~Audrey Hepburn

Comments

Popular Posts