Cuteness Overload

I am finding that sometimes in life, there are moments when "the cuteness factor" bubbles over into a dimension almost beyond what our human minds can handle.

Such an instance happened for me this morning, when my dear, dear dad came to pick up my son and his little best friend from down the street to take them out to lunch AND to see the train display at my grandma's retirement home. It is a pretty serious train display. They even have a Thomas train who will give you a personalized shout out (via Leroy Smucker and his handy dandy microphone behind the table). His friend's mom said he was so excited in his anticipation throughout the morning, she debated whether or not she should pack an extra pair of underwear should it all become just to much to hold in.
*smile*
I wondered the same thing about my boy.

I do understand that I am partial, but really...take a gander...
see what I mean?





Still no tree. Just a few decorations up here and there. A live nativity tonight at the church behind our house. I'm hoping my three year old daughter doesn't faint with joy at the sight of "Joseph" (see previous post). Possibly tree-picking tomorrow, of which, truthfully, I am not all that enthused about...as I know the amount of work that will go into the event not to mention the fact (but i will), that it's supposed to feel a few degree colder than the North Pole tomorrow. HOWEVER, traditions are traditions, and far be it from me to suggest a happy little fake paired with a Yankee evergreen candle high on a shelf. I barely breathed out the suggestion a few years back, and have not the heart to do so again. Instead, we'll trudge through valley and dale, with five little ones decked out in fluffy coats and mismatched gloves and big son with his father's tree saw hung over his ever-expanding shoulders and we WILL find the 'perfect fir', by golly!

*Truthfully, even though it doesn't top my 'fun things to do' list for this baby/toddler season of life, I am SO grateful that we are all here, all healthy and able to carry out this yearly mecca.

I wish you well, my friend, whatever your weekend holds.
Thanks for dropping by.



Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh my goodness, I remember when my son Jake was that age. I loved his joy and the excitement how he took stuff in. So adorable.

Thank you for sharing the pictures.

Viola over at www.alongawidowedroad.blogspot.com

Popular Posts