Helping Hands

This morning I had the opportunity to help my good friend, Kate (Hudson), find out once and for all if her on-again, off-again beau Owen (Wilson) was really serious about seeing her
--and ONLY her.

I approached him in his dressing room on the movie set he's currently working on, and posed the question "Are you available for anyone else besides Kate?". He tilted his head, squinted his eyes in a curious, almost hopeful way. "Why do you ask?", he shot back. I replied that I was simply wondering (desiring my spy tactics to go unsuspected). He raised his eyebrows and gave me a very pointed look followed by the response, "In fact, I would be very, very open to spending a little time with someone else...right now".


As I do not find Owen particularly attractive and was there on behalf of my Kate, I gave him a disgusted look, left quickly and met up with Kate a little later on to give her the sad truth. He is still, and perhaps forever will be, a womanizer.


And then I woke up.

On the bathroom floor, next to one of my little patients. The smell of vomit lingering in the air, as the reality of the last three days directly comfronted me. Multiple sick children and one of the grossest scenarios motherhood has offered me so far. It would have made Mike Rowe's show I'm sure. I will, however, spare you the details.


And now...in between all this...the bizarre pregnancy dreams have officially begun. I must have an underlying " I am so unsexy" complex, as throughout my pregnancies, the theme of the dream above is not uncommon (although usually the main characters have been more along the lines of Hugh Laurie and Matthew McConaughey). My husband, of course, is far and above my leading choice of leading men...but for some reason, he has not made an appearence in those hormonally-charged dreams!!


*****

I am thankful for the ways that God has provided HELP to me in the past week. Helping hands are equivalent to angel wings when we need it most. Here are a few pictures of those ways in which a special kind of help presented itself in the past week:



My neighbor's granddaughter, Courtney, has been a favorite little girl of mine since I met her when she was around 4 years old. She is now almost 10 and last Saturday and Sunday she gave me the gift of a much easier weekend by her presence! The children absolutely adore her and she is so good with them! She has a part time job waiting for her this summer if she wants it! (and she says she does! Praise God!).






(She even can get him to sleep!!! She doesn't realize how much she has made my little world a better place~)There is nothing more thrilling to my little guy than to 'help' his dad...he is his father's little shadow, and I am so grateful for how my husband embraces that!! Here he is helping sand the cupboard doors that Curt's constructing for the cabinet bases that my wonderful, talented brother in law came up last week to make for us, in order to finally finish our kitchen!

And when life gets too monotonous over at our house, we head on over to "Uncle Joe, Aunt Carol and Nanny's (Carol's mother)" house. Christopher found an old helmut of Rick's and picked out his socks and shoes all by himself...and while I sat on the front porch with my girls and the ladies of the house, he was a daring motorcyclist, buzzing around on his 'cycle'. They are such a help to me, as are my dear parents, of whom I do not have a recent picture. I so appreciate the help I am given!

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Wanda said…
Dear dear Jeane! You have a gift for writing! I love it! Thanks for letting us see a glimpse of what goes on in your world!

Love, Wanda
Anonymous said…
I love the new look to your blog!!
Christina
vickie said…
Evening Cupcake, I think about you soooo much...My favorite vomit story. In pizza hut having a nice sunday afternoon, no cooking, doing dishes moment. Matt waited until all the pizza and bread sticks sat the table, and yep vomited all over pizza, followed by Jon, almost by dad... Pizza Hut lost customers that day...was not sure if it was the smell of vomit or parmesan. God does have a sense of humor hu???
Love your new updated blog! As your mother looking in on all that has transpired in this last week, while all the time being away and unable to help...I just want you to know that I am so proud of you and so thankful for you and the wife and mother I see in you. As my mother often said,"this to will pass". You survived the sick, rainy days beautifully. See you soon.
Sylvia said…
Hugh Laurie? You have good taste in your pregnancy dreams. ^_^
marcy said…
Well, I thoroughly enjoyed my visit here as well as relate to your losses, as I too, lost a baby(son) when I was six months pregnant, then a miscarriage at 2-3 months and finally a miscarriage (fraternal twins apparently) with an undiagnosed ectopic preganancy that almost took my life.

You do a great job writing plus you even managed to have a redhead (something my late husband so wantd us to have because I am a born redhead).

blessings on you and your sweet new blessings to be,

marcy
Deva said…
It's been too long since I could drop by and I have throughly missed you and the children. Hopefully the up coming summer will be filled with lazy days and well children.
Jeane', thank you for your dear note on my blog, you are so sweet! I keep checking yours, because your updates are so amazing. For me to have the way with words that you do! hahah I think you probably read mine and think oh my, that run on sentence and the terrible grammar!!! :) Oh well, you and Aunt Judy have inspired me and I thought after checking yours all the time that it would be fun to start mine. So fun seeing you and the kiddos yesterday, what a special time! You always look so beautiful and put together!! I don't know how you do it with 3 and pregnant with twins! haha I think I was home laying on the couch after work everyday last year at this time. Hope to see you again soon! love you, Linds

Popular Posts